Monday, June 05, 2006

Tryst with devilish Destiny!

The reviews are forming & 6 June 06 is being touted as the return of the OMEN. Fortunately, I did not have to wait that long to have my tryst with a very devilish destiny.Flash back to not so long ago on 18th March 2006... an idyllic saturday, just like any other....
Picture this....my car is just 3 days shy of its first b'day. I am returning home with my family....waiting at the traffic signal like law abiding citizen should and then...... without so much of a warning we hear the thud of metal crunching against metal and crash of glass breaking.... and before you know it, I actually felt and saw my car flying a couple of feet ahead!!!

Got out of the car, inspected the scene of the crime and what do I see..... its a transport vehicle bearing the sign of the satan (so to speak). The transport vehicle bore the registration number 666, and I happened to be its victim of choice!! What the driver claims is that the brakes on the vehicle snapped and he could not control the vehicle! The result of the most wonderful event.........

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105544143&code=22507233&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

Now what are the chances of that happening..... twisted, mangled metal and fibre, just three days short of your b'day! One thing that I do really thank my stars for is not purchasing a hatchback! What if I was driving a hatchback and not the sedan???? Well... what you see as a mangled rear of the car would still be the mangled rear of the car....only it would have been splattered with blood and flesh!! See for yourself... 3 feet was smashed to a couple of inches!
Alls well that ends well. My car spent its first anniversary in the garage getting herself fixed, tinkered and painted .... out with old and in with the new.... the destroyed parts that is.... Apparently the transport vehicle - Matador van - is one tainted with a reputation of brake failures, engine parts blowing up, axles giving way.... it has been in the center of a lot of action (accident related) for the last decade in India, more specifically in the southern part! Its a pity I could not grab a couple of picures of the transport vehicle in all the mess that had occured!!
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105543947&code=22507223&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

To quote a couple of news paper aritcles.....

"Matador van drivers are all mad men from hell"
"Twenty-two pilgrims, including 17 women, were killed and 16 others injured Friday morning when a matador van collided head on with a truck carrying stone chips"
I'm glad I got off easy when compared to these reports!

Its back to me & my chariot and long rides again now, now that the arduous journey of repair and fix-it is behind....literally!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home