Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Head hunters... do they have a head?

In a recent job search, I was approached by several head hunters who claimed that I have an impressive profile and their "direct" clients are "VERY" interested in speaking with me... BUT... There is always a BIG BLOODY BUT!
Here is what happened - I've gathered a particularly interesting set of skill sets across the industry domains & happen to be domain agnostic - now what does that mean? It means that I'm not tied down to a manufacturing, financial, logistics, retail or insurance domain.
Where do the head hunters fit in? Several of them, who had the BUT in their discussion with me, wanted me to add domain specific jargon in my resume. Some even went to the extent to say, I've had lunch/dinner with the hiring manager and he/she wants to see if you had insurance experience, or healthcare experience. Yes, I've worked in the insurance domain, & yes, I've worked in the healthcare domain - but on small projects - not the extent to which the hiring manager is asking for! Just because you've committed to the hiring manager & you don't want to see your commission goals to be missed, don't expect me to add fraudulent information on my resume & then get black listed when it is caught!
One head hunter actually told me, just let me edit your resume. I will put in all the key words that the hiring manager needs to see, & I will coach you on the jargon that she wants to hear! You will definitely be hired! I assure you that you will be hired.
NO NO NO NO NO NO!
If you want to hire me for the experiences and expertise I bring to the table... GREAT!
Allow me to sell my profile to you, on the merit of my capabilities and my ability to learn and excel in the domain you are currently managing. If you believe that I'm not a fit for your organisation, no worries. Let's shake hands and walk our paths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home